One of the major tasks for unmanned underwater vehicles is to find the location of an underwater acoustic signal's source. Using MathWorks tools, users can import data into a desktop computer from data acquisition devices, design and implement acoustic processing algorithms on the desktop computer, and generate HDL code for FPGAs to perform real-time acoustic processing. There are a wide variety of signal processing tools that can be used to design and visualize acoustic processing algorithms. As an example, there are tools available to design filters, simulate the propagation of acoustic signals in fluids, and design cross correlation algorithms.
Array Signal Processing for Direction of Arrival Estimation
- DSP System Toolbox: design, simulate, and deploy acoustic algorithms
- Signal Processing Toolbox: provides industry-standard algorithms and apps for analog and digital signal processing (DSP)
- Phased Array System Toolbox: design, simulate, and analyze phased array signal processing systems
- Partial Differential Equation (PDE) Toolbox: Simulate an acoustic signal as it propagates through a 2D medium
- HDL Coder: Generate HDL code out of MATLAB and Simulink to deploy to an FPGA