Visualization and Interpretability
Plot training progress, assess accuracy, explain predictions, and visualize features learned by a network
Monitor training progress using built-in plots of network accuracy and loss. Investigate trained networks using visualization techniques such as Grad-CAM, occlusion sensitivity, LIME, and deep dream.
Deep Learning Visualization Methods
|Deep Network Designer||Design, visualize, and train deep learning networks|
|Monitor and plot training progress for deep learning custom training loops|
|Update information values for custom training loops|
|Record metric values for custom training loops|
|Group metrics in training plot|
|Compute deep learning network layer activations|
|Create confusion matrix chart for classification problem|
|Sort classes of confusion matrix chart|
|Receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve and performance metrics for binary and multiclass classifiers|
|Compute additional classification performance metrics|
|Compute performance metrics for average receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve in multiclass problem|
|Plot receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curves and other performance curves|
|Explain network predictions using LIME|
|Explain network predictions by occluding the inputs|
|Visualize network features using deep dream|
|Explain network predictions using Grad-CAM|
|ConfusionMatrixChart Properties||Confusion matrix chart appearance and behavior|
|ROCCurve Properties||Receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve appearance and behavior|
Training Progress and Performance
- Monitor Deep Learning Training Progress
This example shows how to monitor the training process of deep learning networks.
- Monitor Custom Training Loop Progress
Track and plot custom training loop progress.
- Monitor GAN Training Progress and Identify Common Failure Modes
Learn how to diagnose and fix some of the most common failure modes in GAN training.
- ROC Curve and Performance Metrics
rocmetricsto examine the performance of a classification algorithm on a test data set.
- Compare Deep Learning Models Using ROC Curves
This example shows how to use receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curves to compare the performance of deep learning models.
- Explore Network Predictions Using Deep Learning Visualization Techniques
This example shows how to investigate network predictions using deep learning visualization techniques.
- Understand Network Predictions Using Occlusion
This example shows how to use occlusion sensitivity maps to understand why a deep neural network makes a classification decision.
- Interpret Deep Network Predictions on Tabular Data Using LIME
This example shows how to use the locally interpretable model-agnostic explanations (LIME) technique to understand the predictions of a deep neural network classifying tabular data.
- Investigate Spectrogram Classifications Using LIME
This example shows how to use locally interpretable model-agnostic explanations (LIME) to investigate the robustness of a deep convolutional neural network trained to classify spectrograms.
- Investigate Classification Decisions Using Gradient Attribution Techniques
This example shows how to use gradient attribution maps to investigate which parts of an image are most important for classification decisions made by a deep neural network.
- Investigate Network Predictions Using Class Activation Mapping
This example shows how to use class activation mapping (CAM) to investigate and explain the predictions of a deep convolutional neural network for image classification.
- Visualize Image Classifications Using Maximal and Minimal Activating Images
This example shows how to use a data set to find out what activates the channels of a deep neural network.
- View Network Behavior Using tsne
This example shows how to use the
tsnefunction to view activations in a trained network.
- Visualize Activations of LSTM Network
This example shows how to investigate and visualize the features learned by LSTM networks by extracting the activations.
- Visualize Activations of a Convolutional Neural Network
This example shows how to feed an image to a convolutional neural network and display the activations of different layers of the network.
- Visualize Features of a Convolutional Neural Network
This example shows how to visualize the features learned by convolutional neural networks.
- Deep Learning Visualization Methods
Learn about and compare deep learning visualization methods.