- Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables
- Under System variables (the bottom part of the dialog), locate the Path variable
- Click edit
- Go to the end of Variable value and add ;C:/Program Files/Micro-Manager-1.3 (assuming that's where you've installed the software)
- Click OK on all the dialogs to save the new settings
How to add location of dll files to the system path.
329 views (last 30 days)
Guillaume on 15 Jun 2018
Add the location of the dll files to the system path
The procedure is described under step 2 of the procedure for version <= 1.3:
2. Add the path with the drivers (all the .dll files) to the windows PATH enviromental variable (Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables, make a new 'User variable for Administrator named 'PATH' and set it to the location of Micro-Manager (for instance: C:/Program Files/Micro-Manager-1.3).
However, their instructions are a bit iffy and assume you're logged in with the Administrator account (you shounldn't log in with that account!). Better instructions would be (for Win 7):
You may need to log off and back on for the modification to take effect.
Note that this has nothing to do with matlab and honestly if their software was competently written you shouldn't have to do any of that.
More Answers (2)
Vandana Rajan on 14 Jun 2018
Jan on 16 Jun 2018
There is a community for the MicroManager: https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager%20Community. Ask there for help. But you can ask an internet search engine also for the terms: "add folder to system path". It would not be efficient, if I summarize, what you can find there.