Error compiling third party plugin
5 views (last 30 days)
I need to compile a plugin so I can use it with my current 2020 version of Matlab, it can be found here: https://www.ant-neuro.com/support/supporting-documentation-and-downloads, and can be downloaded here: http://download.ant-neuro.com/libeep/libeep-3.3.177.zip.
In the readme file of the zip file the following is stated:
How to enable the MATLAB importers:
- *) make sure you have a working compiler toolchain(MacOSX users may need to install XCode from the app-store)
- *) assuming you have MATLAB installed in '/opt/MATLAB' and you want your plugin to be installed in '/opt/ant-eep'(you are free to change these off-course), you can compile and install the plugin using: MATLAB=/opt/MATLAB ./configure --enable-matlab --prefix=/opt/ant-eep --with-matlab=/opt/MATLAB && make install
- *) You may need to run 'make install' as super user, or with the sudo command on some platforms
- *) start MATLAB, make sure the (install dir)/share/matlab path is added to MATLAB
- *) run [my_data] = read_eep_cnt('/path/to/my_data.cnt', 1, 1024) to read the first 1024 samples
I navigated with Matlab to the libeep folder and tried to execute ./configure --enable-matlab --prefix=/opt/ant-eep --with-matlab=/opt/MATLAB && make install.
First an error message appeared asking me to install the Deep Learning Toolbox to execute the function "configure". I did this but now the command line states: Check for missing argument or incorrect argument data type in call to function 'configure'.
I am not sure how to go about this and what is needed to compile this source code, if anybody can help here I would appreciate it a lot.
Jan on 16 May 2022
"I navigated with Matlab to the libeep folder" - the provided command is not Matlab.
Did you install XCode? Then open a command shell of the operating system an run there:
MATLAB=/opt/MATLAB ./configure --enable-matlab --prefix=/opt/ant-eep --with-matlab=/opt/MATLAB && make install
where it is assumed, that you have MATLAB installed in '/opt/MATLAB' - if not, change this accordingly.