I'm running MATLAB 2009a and I can't get it to start; it just keeps "initializing". But when I restart Windows in safe mode (with networking) it opens normally. I tried the following:
1. Ran sfc /scannow; no system file issues.
2. Ran chkdsk; no bad sectors.
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled MATLAB; did not solve the issue.
4. Did Windows system restore to a point prior to the time when the issue started; did not solve the issue.
5. Ran antivirus full system scan; no detections.
6. Ran Malwarebytes system scan; no detections.
Any ideas how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.