Using the functionalities in MATLAB® and Financial Toolbox™, you can perform a strategy backtesting in just 8 lines of code. This includes:
• Data preparation
• Trading signal generation
• Calculation of portfolio returns, Sharp ratio, and maximum drawdown
• Equity curve plotting
In fact, there are a lot of things you can do in MATLAB. For example, you can:
• Use Datafeed Toolbox™ to download market data directly from various data providers
• Generate trading signal using Econometrics Toolbox™ or Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox™
• Automatically execute your strategies by using Trading Toolbox™
The video can be found herehttps://www.mathworks.com/videos/backtesting-trading-strategies-in-just-8-lines-of-code-1499289703258.html
MathWorks Quant Team (2023). Backtesting Trading Strategies in Just 8 Lines of Code (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/63333-backtesting-trading-strategies-in-just-8-lines-of-code), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!