Highlights
Verfolgen

Abstimmung

How many spaces per tab do you prefer?

Ganishk D
Ganishk D am 1 Jul. 2024 um 20:54
Used to python's standard 4 spaces indentation.
Alexander Denman
Alexander Denman am 13 Jun. 2024
I use tabs, not spaces
Bo Miller
Bo Miller am 30 Apr. 2024
I prefer 5. 4 can be a bit hard to differentiate from other formating, and 6 takes up too much space; though space considerations do fee a little arbitrary considering that most developers I've encountered prefer to use at least 2 monitors. I do try to keep to the python style guid as far as line width, but I sometimes wonder if we really need to be concerned about people reading code on legacy monitors.
Christian Schröder
Christian Schröder am 30 Apr. 2024
In my own projects, I find that four is the most visually pleasing, a good balance etween readability and not wasting screen real estate. That said, I like that MATLAB allows you to choose for yourself.
Christopher Stapels
Christopher Stapels am 29 Apr. 2024
Used to be 5, but that wasnt even a choice. 2 since I learned Python
David
David am 29 Apr. 2024
Obligatory Silicon Valley reference :)
Rik
Rik am 28 Apr. 2024

I once followed a course where the instructor argued for 8 spaces AND a limit of 80 characters per line. His reason was that it forces you to reconsider any code that requires 3 levels of indentation, since that is really ugly. There is something to that reasoning, but I don't think it makes sense outside of a teaching context.

DGM
DGM am 28 Apr. 2024
Depends. Usually 4. In something like openSCAD, there tends to be a lot more indentation, so I'd rather use 2, or change my indentation style.
Definitely never 8, and definitely never spaces.

Tags

Noch keine Tags eingegeben.