Automotive Application Engineer / Technical Account Manager
Shape the way innovative automotive technology companies develop their products through the use of MATLAB and Simulink.
Leverage your industry experience and technical expertise in autonomous systems, control system design, modeling and simulation, or embedded software development to understand customer workflows, challenges, and key business initiatives. With that knowledge, you will paint a vision of how MathWorks products can accelerate the pace of their development and innovation. You will also establish yourself as a trusted advisor to strategic MathWorks customers and provide technical leadership by providing guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
Travel can be expected between 30-40%, generally throughout North America. This position is based in Santa Clara, CA.
- Collaborate with sales account managers, other technical specialists, and marketing stakeholders at MathWorks in creating and executing an overall account development plan.
- Engage with prospective customers (from engineers to executives) to understand their business-critical projects and their unique workflows
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other technical specialists to address customer needs in specialized application areas
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood for future product direction
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Simulink
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Professional work experience with automotive development processes
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Design as a methodology is a plus
- Highly motivated towards working directly with customers, showing strong business acumen
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here