Risk and Asset Allocation
Updated 19 Jan 2018
These routines support the book "Risk and Asset Allocation" Springer Finance, by A. Meucci, see http://www.symmys.com
The routines include many new features:
- more uni-, multi- and matrix-variate distributions
- more copulas
- more graphical representations
- more analyses in terms of the location-dispersion ellipsoid.
- best replication / best factor selection
- FFT-based projection of a distribution to the investment horizon
- caveats about delta/gamma pricing
- step-by-step evaluation of a generic estimator
- non-parametric estimators
- multivariate elliptical maximum-likelihood estimators
- shrinkage estimators: Stein and Ledoit-Wolf, Bayesian classical equivalent
- robust estimators: Hubert M, high-breakdown minimum volume ellipsoid
- missing-data techniques: EM algorithm, uneven-series conditional estimation
- stochastic dominance
- extreme value theory for VaR
- Cornish-Fisher approximation for VaR
- kernel-based contribution to VaR and expected shortfall from different risk-factors
- mean-variance analysis and pitfalls (different horizons, compounded vs. linear returns, etc...)
- Bayesian estimation (multivariate analytical, Monte Carlo Markov Chains, priors for correlation matrices)
- estimation risk evaluation: opportunity cost of estimation-based allocations
- Black Litterman allocation
- robust optimization (calls SeDuMi to perform cone programming)
- robust Bayesian allocation
In addition to these MATLAB routines, at www.symmys.com the reader can find other freely downloadable complementary materials:
- the "Technical Appendices", a booklet with the proofs of the results presented in the books and used in the routines
- the "Slides", a set of presentations that walk the reader through the whole book
- the "Errata", a few typos in the first two reprints of the book
- the "Sample", an excerpt of the book.
Any feedback on the above materials is highly appreciated: please refer to www.symmys.com to contact the author.
Attilio Meucci (2023). Risk and Asset Allocation (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/9061-risk-and-asset-allocation), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.