Following are the steps to install NXP’s Model-Based Design Toolbox for KVx Series of MCUs:
1. Go to Add-On Manager in MATLAB and select the NXP Support Package KVx toolbox. Select Open Folder option to navigate to the installation path.
2. Run NXP_Support_Package_KVx script and follow the next quick steps as guided by the installer:
2.1 Create an account with NXP (toolbox is for free but account is requested to download the tool and access training & support on NXP Model Based Design Toolbox Community).
2.2. Download NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for KVx
2.3. Install the toolbox
2.4. Verify the correct installation
The NXP's Model-Based Design Toolbox is a quick solution for testing and rapid prototyping applications on top of NXP MCUs.
It provides an integrated development environment and toolchain support for configuring and generating applications (including initialization routines and device drivers) to execute complex applications (e.g.: motor control algorithms, communication protocols SPI, I2C, UART, and sensor-based applications).
This toolbox includes integrated Simulink embedded target for NXP KV5x, KV4x, and KV3x, peripheral device blocks and drivers, GCC compiler, and additional tools for debugging and real-time data visualization.
KVx Model-Based Design Toolbox Main Features:
- Generate code for standalone application with direct download to target support
- Multiple configuration options using MCUXpresso Configuration Tool Suite
- Core&System blocks for ADC, CMP, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, ISR, Timers
- Real Time Control Embedded Software Motor Control and Power Conversion Libraries Simulink blocks (RTCESL)
- Data acquisition and calibration using FreeMASTER tool
- Ready to run examples for all supported peripherals and Simulink Blocks
Visit https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt - for examples and support.
NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox Team (2024). NXP Support Package KVx (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/84585-nxp-support-package-kvx), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!