Following are the steps to install NXP’s Model-Based Design Toolbox for IMXRT 1xxx Series of Crossover MCUs:
1. Go to Add-On Manager in MATLAB and select the NXP Support Package IMXRT1xxx toolbox. Select Open Folder option to navigate to the installation path.
2. Run NXP_Support_Package_IMXRT1xxx script and follow the next quick steps as guided by the installer:
2.1 Create an account with NXP (toolbox is for free but account is requested to download the tool and access training & support on NXP Model Based Design Toolbox Community).
2.2. Download NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for IMXRT1xxx
2.3. Install the toolbox
2.4. Verify the correct installation
The NXP's Model-Based Design Toolbox is a quick solution for testing and rapid prototyping applications on top of NXP MCUs.
It provides an integrated development environment and toolchain support for configuring and generating applications (including initialization routines and device drivers) to execute complex applications (e.g.: motor control algorithms, communication protocols CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, FlexIO and sensor-based applications).
This toolbox includes integrated Simulink embedded target for NXP i.MX RT 1xxx MCUs, peripheral device blocks and drivers, GCC compiler and additional tools for debugging and real-time data visualization.
IMXRT1xxx Model-Based Design Toolbox Main Features:
- Generate code for standalone application with direct download to target support
- Multiple configuration options using MCUXpresso Configuration Tool Suite
- Core&System blocks for ADC, CMP, DMA, CAN, SPI, I2C, FlexIO, UART, PWM, WDOG, ISR, Timers
- Multimedia blocks for CAMERA, LCD, PXP, Microphone, Speakers and Ethernet
- Real Time Control Embedded Software Motor Control and Power Conversion Libraries Simulink blocks (RTCESL)
- Data acquisition and calibration using FreeMASTER tool
- Ready to run examples for all supported peripherals and Simulink Blocks
Visit https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt - for examples and support.