The present code is a Matlab function that allows the user to enable interactive exploration on a 3D plot. The function allows to rotate, zoom and pan the 3D plot using the mouse and the keyboard arrows, and also to mark data points of interest using the Data Cursor instrument. The user can exit the exploration mode by pressing of the “Home” keyboard button.
Instructions for use:
- Click and hold the left mouse button and dragging over the axes to rotate the figure;
- Turn the mouse scroll wheel to increase or decrease the magnification factor (i.e., to zoom in or out);
- Use the keyboard arrows to pan the figure;
- Double-click the left mouse button to put a datatip (data cursor) on the plot;
- Press "Home" button to exit the 3D explorer and to restore the figure to its original view.
An example is given in order to clarify the usage of the function. For convenience, the input and output arguments are given in the beginning of the function.
Hristo Zhivomirov (2021). Interactive 3D Plot Explorer with Matlab (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/65562-interactive-3d-plot-explorer-with-matlab), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!