Optimization of chamfer masks
Updated 18 Sep 2016
This submission implements functions to
(1) Optimize chamfer masks using an alternative cost function, called symmetric mean absolute error (SMAPE), which has been widely used in weather forecasting applications
(2) Convert the designed real-valued chamfer masks into integers
(3) Compute distance maps using a sequential chamfering algorithm and the designed chamfer masks
(4) Boost speed of the original chamfering algorithm
**** A paper about this submission has been submitted to the IEEE Transactions of Image Processing for consideration of publication.
Baraka Maiseli (2023). Optimization of chamfer masks (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59162-optimization-of-chamfer-masks), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Processing Toolbox > Image Segmentation and Analysis > Region and Image Properties >
Inspired by: PlotPub - Publication Quality Graphs in MATLAB
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.