The RealTimeAudioProcessor makes it easy to stream or generate audio in real time in MATLAB.
It includes examples for generating sound from a qwerty keyboard, generating sound from a MIDI keyboard (with included MIDI interface for acquiring MIDI inputs), and using any old algorithm you have lying around as real-time processor.
For a smooth experience, please start with the included documentation. There are a few things to do for the best performance.
* MATLAB r2012a or greater
* Signal Processing Toolbox
* DSP System Toolbox
* Soundcard with ASIO driver (recommended)
* MIDI input device (recommended only for MidiDemo)
Tucker McClure (2023). Real-Time Audio Processor (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/37770-real-time-audio-processor), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Signal Processing > Signal Processing Toolbox >
- Signal Processing > Signal Processing Toolbox > Signal Generation and Preprocessing >
- Real-Time Simulation and Testing > Simulink Real-Time >
- Signal Processing > Audio Toolbox > Audio I/O and Waveform Generation >
- Test and Measurement > Data Acquisition Toolbox > Digital Input and Output >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!