A recursive region growing algorithm for 2D and 3D grayscale image sets with polygon and binary mask output. The main purpose of this function lies on clean and highly documented code.
[P, J] = regionGrowing(cIM, initPos, thresVal, maxDist, tfMean, tfFillHoles, tfSimplify)
- cIM: 2D/3D grayscale matrix
- initPos: Coordinates for initial seed position
- thresVal: Absolute threshold level to be included
- maxDist: Maximum distance to the initial position in [px]
- tfMean: Updates the initial value to the region mean (slow)
- tfFillHoles: Fills enclosed holes in the binary mask
- tfSimplify: Reduces the number of vertices with line simplification
- P: VxN array (with V number of vertices, N number of dimensions). P is the enclosing polygon for all associated pixel/voxel
- J: Binary mask (with the same size as the input image) indicating 1 (true) for associated pixel/voxel and 0 (false) for being outside
Daniel (2023). Region Growing (2D/3D grayscale) (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/32532-region-growing-2d-3d-grayscale), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired: Region Growing (2D/3D) in C
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!