Intersection Navigation and Path Estimation
Updated 11 Nov 2021
- Version 1.0
- September 2020
This tool is an extension of to the autonomous driving toolbox for: directed graph creation, path estimation, and vehicle to vehicle communication. The tool provides a method for researchers to perform analysis on intersection related problems. These essential capabilities can help researchers create scenarios, develop path planning algorithms and view them through Mathworks’s Bird Eye Camera. A strong simulation platform helps to provide developers with the tools necessary to develop complex algorithms. Autonomous navigation through intersections is included as a case study since current methods of lane marker following is not a feasible methods of navigation.
To begin using the tool, please perform the following steps:
- Add the project to your Matlab path by right clicking the folder “IntersectionSimulation” and selecting add folder and sub folders to path
- run init.m
- Open SimulationModel.slx and run the simulation
Parameters of the simulation are held in /IntersectionSimulation/Init/ One can change the simulation parameters by modifying one of these files and changing the reference in init.m
To use your own map rather then the one supplied, please:
- Open SimulationModel.slx
- Modify “SimulationModel/Plant/Scenario Reader” to use your road network
- G = Map(‘Your Road Network’, 10e-4)
- Save the object to a .mat file
- Open “VehicleLogicSimulator.m” and replace 'MarcCityGraphObj.mat' with your new file
Testcases for the project can be found in /IntersectionSimulation/Testcases
For an understanding about the limitations and scope of the tool, please look at: https://macsphere.mcmaster.ca/handle/11375/25878
McSCert (2022). Intersection Navigation and Path Estimation (https://github.com/McSCert/Intersection-Navigation-and-Path-Estimation), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!