Contest has ended.
Thank you for playing.
How to Play
Use up to 280 characters of MATLAB code to generate a beautiful image. You can remix entries to create something different.
Promote your entry to gain popularity. Every time the community votes on your entry you earn votes!
Win awesome prizes, including Amazon gift cards and customized T-shirts.
Create a new and remix an entry are only available on desktop.
MATLAB Mini Hack Contest Description, Rules, and Terms
How to participate
Use up to 280 characters of MATLAB code (spaces included) to render an interesting image. You can create new entries or remix existing ones. You can also vote on or share the entries you like.
This contest runs for 4 weeks. It begins on October 4th , 2021 at 00:00:00 am EST and ends on October 31st, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm EST.
- Each entry must contain MATLAB code and a generated plot. The plot must be created using the run feature in the online editor.
- The first week (October 4th, 2021 ~ October 10th 2021) is for creating entries only. Voting does not begin until the second week.
- After you submit an entry, you may NOT edit that entry. If you want to make changes, simply remix your own entry to generate a new one.
- You may delete an existing entry. Note that you will lose all the votes and remixes from a deleted entry.
- You can only vote one time per entry, but you can vote on as many entries as you would like.
See full list of restricted functions
- Amazon gift card. The top 10 participants on the leaderboard will each get a gift card. The leaderboard is ranked by participants with the most votes.
- 1st place: $300
- 2nd place: $200
- 3rd place: $100
- 4th through 10th place: $50 gift card each
- Customized T-shirts. Authors of the top 10 voted entries will each get 5 customized T-shirts. The image and your name will be printed on the back of the T-shirts, as shown. You can choose the sizes and share them with your family or friends.
- Virtual badges. The top 3 winners on the leaderboard (those with the most votes) will also earn special badges.
Note: MathWorks staff can participate in the contests but are not eligible for prizes.
Terms and Conditions
MathWorks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate the contests for any reason, including in the event of any act or occurrence that it believes would corrupt the integrity, administration, or fairness of the contests. By participating in the contests, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless MathWorks, its respective affiliates, and any individuals engaged in the development or execution of the contests, from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or related to your participation in the contests or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in the contests. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prizes won are the sole responsibility of the winner(s).
Should you be selected as a winner, you hereby authorize MathWorks to identify you as the winner of the contests on websites owned by or affiliated with MathWorks and/or its affiliates, as well as certain third-party websites and/or applications.
You will continue to own any applicable intellectual property rights in your submissions, but by entering a submission, you grant to MathWorks a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, distribute your submission, or any portion thereof, for any and all MathWorks promotional purposes, on any and all media, in any and all formats, and via any and all modes of transmission, distribution, or dissemination, whether now known or hereafter developed. Nothing herein shall obligate MathWorks to exercise these rights. You hereby waive any right of inspection or approval of the uses to which the submission may be put.
You warrant and represent that: (1) you are eighteen (18) years of age or older; (2) you have the full right, power, and authority to grant these rights and permissions. You agree that these terms constitute the entire agreement between you and MathWorks, and supersedes all prior communications and/or understandings, whether written or oral, pertaining hereto.
You agree that these terms will be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You hereby consent and agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection with any action arising out of or related to these terms and/or the contests. These contests are void where prohibited.”
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.