I use R2018b. I've created an online documentation for a toolbox.
- HTML help files. I written m-files and used publish() to create html-files
- info.xml file
- helptoc.xml file
So far everthing works fine. My toolbox appears under the title, Supplemental Software. Switching betwwen my html-files by clicking the links in the CONTENTS pane to the left works well.
Now I have built a search database by executing builddocsearchdb('d:\m\BestPractices\m2uml_sandbox\tbx\doc'). Successfully ... . Searching seems to work. My html-pages turn up in the list of hits. "Refine by Product" by left-clicking my toolbox name works. However, my search terms are not highlighted in my html-page. When I search for custom documentation and select the "Display Custom Documentation"-page the search terms, custom documentation, are highlighted with a yellow and blue background, respectively. Nothing is highlighted in my pages.
I made the following experiment:
- left-clicked "Documentation Home",
- entered a search term unique to my toolbox,
- a handfull of my html-pages populated the list of hits with my search term in bold.
- left-clicked one of the pages
- the pages opened, but no highlighting
- right-clicked in the "Search Help" field and chose Find
- entered the same search term in the "Chose Find" field.
- the background turned red, i.e. no find.
- repeated with a simple search term from the top of the page. Again: red background; no find.
- restarted Matlab - no change
- closed Matlab, deleted helpsearch-v3, started Matlab, run builddocsearchdb, Successfully created search database, but no change.
Question: What am I doing wrong or do I expect something that Matlab never promised?