This post seeks to share answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. How do I install the MinGW compiler?
2. I already have MinGW on my computer. How do I configure it to work with MATLAB?
3. Is MinGW supported for all platforms?
4. Is MinGW supported for all MathWorks products?
5. What versions of MATLAB support MinGW?
6. Is MinGW compiler supported with MathWorks deployment products like Builder EX, Builder NE etc?
7. Why do I see the error “Download Failed: Server returned HTTP response code: 503”?
8. I see an error java.util.zip.ZipException when I try to install the MinGW Add-On. What should I do?
9. I do not have access to the internet on my machine. Can I still install the MinGW Add-On?
10. Can the MinGW compiler obtained using the MinGW Add-On be used for compiling Fortran MEX files?