Below are answers to some common questions when installing the MinGW compiler.
1. How do I install the MinGW compiler?
See “Manually Configure MinGW for MATLAB” here.
2. I already have MinGW on my computer. How do I configure it to work with MATLAB?
See this answer.
3. Is MinGW supported for all platforms?
MinGW is a Windows only compiler. Please see the Supported Compilers page for more details: https://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers
4. Is MinGW supported for all MathWorks products?
See Supported Compilers Page: https://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers
5. What versions of MATLAB support MinGW?
R2015b and later
6. Is MinGW compiler supported with MathWorks deployment products like Builder EX, Builder NE etc?
MinGW 4.9.2 Compiler is not supported with deployment products like Builder EX and Builder NE. Refer to the Supported Compilers Page for additional details.
7. Why do I see the error “Download Failed: Server returned HTTP response code: 503”?
The third-party tools used in the MinGW Support Package are downloaded from an external website. If this external site experiences problems, then MATLAB is unable to install the Support Package. Try re-installing MinGW with the current Support Package.
8. I see an error java.util.zip.ZipException when I try to install the MinGW Add-On. What should I do?
This error is related to an old workflow. Please reinstall MinGW via the current Support Package.
9. I do not have access to the internet on my machine. Can I still install the MinGW Add-On?
For MATLAB R2015b and R2016a, see:
For R2016b and later:
10. Can the MinGW compiler obtained using the MinGW Add-On be used for compiling Fortran MEX files?
MinGW compiler is not supported for compilation of Fortran MEX files. See Supported Compilers Page.