To activate MATLAB and/or other MathWorks products on an offline machine, you must:
- Obtain your Host ID
- (Individual licenses only) Obtain your computer login name or username
- Activate the license through the License Center to obtain license file
- Use the activation client to activate MATLAB or other MathWorks products with the license file
Obtain your Host ID
To obtain your host ID, follow the article below:
What is a Host ID? How do I find my Host ID in order to activate my license?
(Individual Only) Obtain your computer login name or username
To obtain your computer login name or username, follow the instructions in this article:
How do I find my computer username in order to activate my license?
Activate the license through the License Center to obtain license file
- Go to the License Center: https://www.mathworks.com/licensecenter
- Under My Software, click the license number you want to activate. If you do not see your license number, in the bottom right hand corner, click View Additional Licenses or Trials.
- Click the Install and Activate tab
- If you are on a Campus Wide License using an older release of MATLAB, click Resolve a connection issue.
- Click Activate to Retrieve License File or Activate a Computer.
- Enter the following information: the release you are activating, the operating system, the host ID, your user or login name, and the Activation Label.
- Download the license file
Use the activation client to activate MATLAB or other MathWorks products with the license file
- Transfer over the license file.
- Run the activation client. You can find how to open up the activation client in the article below
- Select "Activate manually without the internet"
- Select "Enter the full path to your license file, including the file name:" and browse to the license file.
- Hit Next, and then activation will be complete. Click Finish.