If you are using a Campus Wide License and need to manually activate the license for your computer, you can follow these steps:
To manually activate MATLAB and/or other MathWorks products for your Campus Wide License, you must:
- Obtain your Host ID
- (Individual licenses only) Obtain your computer login name or username
- Activate the license through the License Center to obtain license file
- Use the activation client to activate MATLAB or other MathWorks products with the license file
Obtain your Host ID
To obtain your host ID, follow the article below:
What is a Host ID? How do I find my Host ID in order to activate my license?
Obtain your computer login name or username
To obtain your computer login name or username, follow the instructions in this article:
How do I find my computer username in order to activate my license?
Activate the license through the License Center to obtain license file
- Go to the License Center: https://www.mathworks.com/licensecenter
- Under Select a license click the campus wide license number you want to activate.
- If you do not see your license number, in the bottom right hand corner, click View Additional Licenses or Trials.
- Click the Install and Activate tab
- On the right hand side, click Resolve a connection issue
- If you are trying to install an older release stated in the second point on this page, click on Activate to Retrieve License File
- Enter the following information: the release you are activating, the operating system, the host ID, your user or login name, and the Activation Label.
- Download the license file
Use the activation client to activate MATLAB or other MathWorks products with the license file
- Run the activation client. You can find how to open up the activation client in the article below
- Select "Activate manually without the internet"
- Select "Enter the full path to your license file, including the file name:" and browse to the license file.
- Hit Next, and then activation will be complete. Click Finish.
If you are trying to activate for a headless system, you will need to place this license file in a specific directory.
To find where you need to place this license file, refer to the following article:
Where can I find MATLAB license files?