Wireless engineering teams use MATLAB® and Simulink® to reduce development time, eliminate design problems early, and streamline analysis, testing, and verification. Use these tools to:
Prove algorithm and system design concepts with simulation and over-the-air signals.
Generate customizable waveforms to verify conformance for generic wireless communications systems and various standards-compliant systems.
Simulate end-to-end communications systems.
Create models using digital, RF, and antenna elements to explore and optimize system behavior.
Automatically generate HDL or C code for prototyping and implementation without coding manually.
Create reusable golden reference models for iterative verification of wireless designs, prototypes, and implementations.
Products for Wireless Communications
Simulate, analyze, and test the physical layer of LTE and LTE-Advanced wireless communications systems
Satellite Communications Toolbox
Simulate, analyze, and test satellite communications systems and links
- Create Waveforms Using Wireless Waveform Generator App (Communications Toolbox)
Create, impair, visualize, and export modulated waveforms.
- GPS Waveform Generation (Satellite Communications Toolbox)
Generate a complex baseband GPS waveform.
Receiver Algorithm Training with AI
- Deep Learning Data Synthesis for 5G Channel Estimation (5G Toolbox)
Generate deep learning training data for channel estimation using 5G Toolbox™.
- Autoencoders for Wireless Communications (Communications Toolbox)
Model an end-to-end communications system with an autoencoder to reliably transmit information bits over a wireless channel.
RF Propagation and Channel Modeling
- RF Propagation and Visualization (Communications Toolbox)
Visualize coverage maps, SINR maps, and propagation paths in outdoor and indoor environments.
- WLAN Channel Models (WLAN Toolbox)
Using WLAN channel models to add channel impairments to WLAN transmissions.
- Propagation Channel Models (LTE Toolbox)
Describes the implementation of channel models specified by the LTE standard and corresponding functions in the LTE Toolbox™ product.
- Visualize CDL Channel Model Characteristics (5G Toolbox)
Visualize CDL channel characteristics and explore channel information about the antenna element, element pattern, and cluster paths.
- Simulate and Visualize Land Mobile-Satellite Channel (Satellite Communications Toolbox)
Model and visualize a two-state semi-Markov chain LMS channel.
Beamforming and Beam Sweeping in MIMO Systems
- 802.11ad Waveform Generation with Beamforming (WLAN Toolbox)
Beamform an IEEE® 802.11ad™ waveform with a phased array.
- Massive MIMO Hybrid Beamforming (Communications Toolbox)
Observe hybrid beamforming at the transmit end of a massive MIMO communications system, using techniques for both multi-user and single-user systems.
- NR SSB Beam Sweeping (5G Toolbox)
Employ beam sweeping at gNB and UE and learn about beam management procedures during initial access.
Transceiver Design and Simulation
- Power Amplifier Characterization (Communications Toolbox)
Characterize a power amplifier using measured input and output signals of an NXP Airfast PA.
- EVM Measurement of 5G NR Downlink Waveforms with RF Impairments (5G Toolbox)
Measure EVM of NR-TM or NR-FRC waveforms with phase noise and memoryless nonlinearity impairments.
- End-to-End QAM Simulation with RF Impairments and Corrections (Communications Toolbox)
This example provides visualization capabilities to see the effects of RF impairments and corrections in a satellite downlink.
Code Generation and Deployment
- Simulation Acceleration Using MATLAB Coder and Parallel Computing Toolbox (Communications Toolbox)
This example shows two ways to accelerate the simulation of communications algorithms in MATLAB®.
- Wireless Communications Design for ASICs, FPGAs, and SoCs (Communications Toolbox)
Design wireless communication algorithms for hardware by using Wireless HDL Toolbox™ blocks.
- OFDM WiFi Scanner Using SDR Preamble Detection (Wireless Testbench)
Retrieve WiFi network information from captured OFDM packets.
- Recover and Analyze Packets in 802.11 Waveform (WLAN Toolbox)
Blindly detect, decode, and analyze IEEE 802.11™ packets in a waveform.
- Bluetooth BR/EDR Waveform Generation and Transmission Using SDR (Bluetooth Toolbox)
Generate and transmit Bluetooth BR/EDR waveform by using SDR.