Variable-size data is data whose size is not known at compile time or changes at run time. To use variable-size data in your MATLAB® code which you intend to accelerate or convert, follow the described guidelines. Certain restrictions apply to the use of variable-size data in MATLAB code that is intended for algorithm acceleration or fixed-point conversion.
|Declare variable-size data|
- Code Generation for Variable-Size Arrays
Variable-size data is data whose size is not known at compile time or whose size can change at run time.
- Define Variable-Size Data for Code Generation
Choose a method for defining variable-size data.
- Control Memory Allocation for Variable-Size Arrays
Control when dynamic memory allocation is used.
- Specify Upper Bounds for Variable-Size Arrays
To avoid dynamic memory allocation, specify upper bounds for a variable-size array.
- Incompatibilities with MATLAB in Variable-Size Support for Code Generation
Sometimes, the results for variable-size data in generated code are different than the results in MATLAB.
- Variable-Sizing Restrictions for Code Generation of Toolbox Functions
Some restrictions for variable-size data apply to multiple toolbox functions.
Diagnose and Fix Variable-Size Data Errors
Troubleshoot size mismatch and upper bounds detection errors.