Fixed-Point Designer™ supports acceleration and conversion for structures with a set of restrictions on the operations, the properties of values of scalar structures, and the structure arrays. You can use scalar structures as well as structure arrays in your code. Adhere to restrictions for indexing and assigning values to substructures and fields. Structure arguments are passed by reference or by value.
- Structure Definition for Code Generation
Use structures in MATLAB® code intended for code generation.
- Structure Operations Allowed for Code Generation
Use structure operations that code generation supports.
- Define Scalar Structures for Code Generation
Adhere to code generation restrictions for scalar structures.
- Define Arrays of Structures for Code Generation
Adhere to code generation restrictions for arrays of structures.
- Index Substructures and Fields
Adhere to code generation restrictions for indexing substructures and fields.
- Assign Values to Structures and Fields
Adhere to code generation restrictions for assigning values to structures and fields.
- Pass Large Structures as Input Parameters
To avoid memory issues, pass large structures by reference.