Following are the steps to install NXP’s Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx Automotive Microprocessors family:
1. Go to Add-On Manager in MATLAB and select the NXP Support Package MPC57xx toolbox.
2. Select Open Folder option to navigate to the installation path.
2. Run NXP_Support_Package_MPC57xx script and follow the next quick steps as guided by the installer:
2.1 Create an account with NXP (toolbox is for free but account is requested to download the tool, generate the free license and access training & support on NXP Model Based Design Toolbox Community).
2.2. Download NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx
2.3. Install the toolbox
2.4. Verify the correct installation
2.5. Generate a free of charge license
2.6. Activate the toolbox
2.7 Verify the license activation
The NXP’s Model-Based Design Toolbox is a quick solution for prototyping applications on top of NXP’s MCUs.
It provides an integrated development environment and tool chain support for configuring and generating applications (including initialization routines and device drivers) to execute complex applications (e.g.: motor control algorithms, communication protocols CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, and sensor based applications).
This toolbox includes integrated Simulink® embedded target for NXP MPC57xx MCUs, peripheral device blocks and drivers, the Math and Motor Control Library, GCC compiler and additional tools for debugging and real time data visualization . It provides built-in support for Software and Processor-in-the-Loop (SIL and PIL) simulations to enable fast prototyping, verification and validation on the real target for the algorithms developed in MATLAB environment.
Visit https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt - for examples and support.
MPC57xx Model-Based Design Toolbox Main Features:
- Generate code for standalone application with direct download to target support
- Optimized motor control library blocks including Park/Clarke transforms, digital filters, and general functions
- Core&System blocks for CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, PIT, FlexPWM, ADC, CTU, DMA, eTimer,SWG
- On-target profiling of functions and tasks
- Data acquisition and calibration using FreeMASTER tool
- Boot loader utility for programming application in FLASH or SRAM via UART or CAN
- Seamless integration with embedded coder including SIL and PIL test
- Ready to run examples for all supported peripherals and Simulink Blocks
- Enable support for AUTOSAR Blockset
NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox Team (2020). NXP Support Package MPC57xx (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/70327-nxp-support-package-mpc57xx), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Add support for downloading and installing the latest release for MBDT MPC57xx version 3.1.0
Update MathWorks required products list
Inspired by: NXP Support Package S32K1xx