Oscilloscope App is an example app which shows how to use App Designer and the Quick-Control Oscilloscope interface (Instrument Control Toolbox) to control and read waveforms from supported oscilloscope instruments.
This app requires:
- MATLAB® R2018b or later release
- Instrument Control Toolbox™
- A supported oscilloscope instrument; some Tektronix models are supported with the default 'tektronix' driver; other manufacturers/models are supported via third-party IVI-C drivers.
- Required software for the Quick-Control Oscilloscope interface:
- "Instrument Control Toolbox Support Package for National Instruments VISA and ICP Interfaces" (install with MATLAB Add-On Explorer)
- For manufacturers other than Tektronix an installed IVI-C driver compatible with your oscilloscope instrument model
Andrei Ursache (2020). Oscilloscope App (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/69847-oscilloscope-app), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
The app works fine with my Tek MSO64 scope. But there is one bug that I can report. The time line calculation is wrong for all triggers except the default "edge" trigger. The reason is that the left side of the time line seems hard coded to "0". Yet for many trigger methods there are delayed triggers meaning that the time line should start with a negative value based on the delayed time. Look for "PT_OFF?" in the various Tek scope programming manuals to see the missing command and how to use it.
You can also find my corrected time base MATLAB code here:
The oscilloscope screenshot and data reading function has been realized through labview, and the platform integration is realized through matlab, thank you
Hello, I am trying to build a similar app for a spectrum analyzer. How did you build the "Resource" drop down to scan and retrieve the connected instruments? Thank you!
Inspired by: Data Acquisition Live app
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!