This implementation of progressbar is intended to be extremely simple to use while providing a high quality user experience.
- Can add progressbar to existing m-files with a single line of code.
- Supports multiple bars in one figure to show progress of nested loops.
- Optional labels on bars.
- Figure closes automatically when task is complete.
- Only one figure can exist so old figures don't clutter the desktop.
- Remaining time estimate is accurate even if the figure gets closed.
- Minimal execution time. Won't slow down code.
- Randomized color. When a programmer gets bored...
n = 1000;
progressbar % Create figure and set starting time
for i = 1:n
pause(0.01) % Do something important
progressbar(i/n) % Update figure
Steve Hoelzer (2022). progressbar (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/6922-progressbar), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: progbar
Inspired: cProgress, PARFOR progress monitor (progress bar) v4, WORKBAR, Movie Editor, txtprogressbar, Wilcoxon signed rank examination, Hyperspectral Image Index Analysis, Methane Solubility, Progress, Spatial Channel Model for MIMO Simulations. A Ray based Simulator based on 3GPP TR 25.996 v.6.1.0, CORE: Conceptual Optimization of Rotorcraft Environment, Image Quality - Index Analysis GUI, QUDeX-MS, textprogressbar
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!