Following are the steps to install NXP’s Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K3xx Series of MCUs:
1. Go to Add-On Manager in MATLAB and select the NXP Support Package S32K3xx toolbox. Select Open Folder option to navigate to the installation path.
2. Run NXP_Support_Package_S32K3xx script and follow the next quick steps as guided by the installer:
2.1 Create an account with NXP (toolbox is for free but account is requested to download the tool and access training & support on NXP Model Based Design Toolbox Community).
2.2. Download NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K3xx
2.3. Install the toolbox
2.4. Verify the correct installation
The NXP's Model-Based Design Toolbox is a quick solution for testing and rapid prototyping applications on top of NXP MCUs.
It provides an integrated development environment and toolchain support for configuring and generating applications (including initialization routines and device drivers) to execute complex applications (e.g.: motor control algorithms, communication protocols CAN, SPI, UART and sensor-based applications).
This toolbox includes integrated Simulink embedded target for NXP S32K344, peripheral device blocks and drivers, GCC compiler and additional tools for debugging and real-time data visualization.
S32K3xx Model-Based Design Toolbox Main Features:
- Generate code for standalone application with direct download to target support
- Multiple configuration options using S32 Design Studion Configuration Tool Suite
- Core&System blocks for ADC, CAN, SPI, UART, PWM, ISR, Timers
- Automotive Math and Motor Control Library Simulink blocks (AMMCLIB)
- Data acquisition and calibration using FreeMASTER tool
- Ready to run examples for all supported peripherals and Simulink Blocks
Visit https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt - for examples and support.