I recently updated from R2013a to R2016a and now my way of experimenting in debug-mode causes an error, which I cannot remember I ever seen before (my memory might be short). The error is: "Method ... not defined ... or removed from ... search path."
Example from a session:
- Execution is halted by a break-point (and possibly stepped) into a public method of the class, h5pia.StringTree.
- I want to try a call to the public method, find_wildcard, of the same class. methods(this) confirms that the method exists
- I made an interactive call, ix_b01 = this.find_wildcard('B01'), which caused the error. See below.
- I clicked Continue and got the error again. And clicked Quit
- Back at the >> prompt calls to several of my functions returned "... not found".   plot(1:12) worked.
- The GUI, Set Path, indicated that the path was okay.
- Finally, rehash path solved the problem - temporarily(?).
Methods for class h5pia.StringTree:
StringTree find_root2node is_child strcmp
add_node find_wildcard is_leaf strcmp_wildcard
K>> ix_b01 = this.find_wildcard( 'B01' )
Error using h5pia.StringTree/find_wildcard
Method 'find_wildcard' is not defined for class 'h5pia.StringTree' or is removed from
MATLAB's search path.
here I gave up and hit continue
Error using TestResult/addError
Method 'addError' is not defined for class 'TestResult' or is removed from MATLAB's search
Error in TestCase/run (line 64)
this.result.addError( me );
Error in PiaUnit/RunCase (line 358)
saRslt.( curCase.Name ) = curCase.run( caList, fh );
Error while evaluating UIControl Callback
- Has anyone else encountered this issue?
- Is there a way to avoid this error when experimenting in debug-mode?