Server with Pause/Continue
This example shows how you can use a MATLAB Discrete Event System block to model a single server that can pause service. The input port IN receives entities to be served. Additionally, the system may receive sporadic pause commands on port PauseCmd. If the message received on the PauseCmd port carries data=1, the system pauses. The system reschedules service for the current entity when it receives a continue message on this port, i.e. a message that carries data=0.
- Delay Entities with a Custom Entity Storage Block
- Create a Custom Entity Storage Block with Iteration Event
- Custom Entity Storage Block with Multiple Timer Events
- Custom Entity Generator Block with Signal Input and Signal Output
- Build a Custom Block with Multiple Storages
- Create a Custom Resource Acquirer Block