B&R - System Integration Services
On-target rapid prototyping and hardware-in-the-loop systems based on Simulink Coder, Embedded Coder, or Simulink PLC Coder
B&R system integration services include support for integrating the B&R Automation Studio Target for Simulink® into workflows that apply Model-Based Design. In addition, B&R offers services to assist with the development of machine models and closed-loop controllers based on MATLAB®, Simulink, and Stateflow®.
The B&R hardware platform fully supports code generated by Simulink Coder®, Embedded Coder™, and Simulink PLC Coder™.
B&R Automation Studio Target for Simulink and Simulink PLC Coder enable users to bring their Simulink or Stateflow models to the B&R PLC or industrial computer quickly and efficiently. Algorithms modeled in Simulink are translated into PLC source code (ANSI-C or IEC 61131-3 ST); integrated into B&R's development environment, Automation Studio; and transferred to the PLC or industrial computer at the push of a single button. This approach helps users to significantly cut down on development time to set up prototypes (on-target rapid prototyping).
Furthermore, full machine models created in Simulink and Stateflow can be installed on the real-time system to emulate machine behavior (hardware-in-the-loop simulation).
Typical users include:
- Developers in industrial automation who want to develop their algorithms in Simulink and then bring them to a real-time industrial target (PLC or industrial computer) as fast as possible (on-target rapid prototyping)
- Innovative machine builders who want to use Model-Based Design to cut down on development time and expenses
- Machine builders who want to emulate the behavior of their machine or line on a real-time target (hardware-in-the-loop simulation)
- Automatic code generation based on Automation Studio Target for Simulink (based on Simulink Coder or Embedded Coder) or Simulink PLC Coder
- Support on development of machine models
- Closed-loop controller development