Real-Time Van der Pol Simulation
This example shows a real-time version of the Simulink® Van der Pol simulation model.
This model does not need any external signals, so it does not need any data acquisition hardware or driver. This makes the model ideal for the first experiments with Simulink Desktop Real-Time™, without need to worry about proper I/O hardware configuration.
How to run this model in Normal Mode
- Double-click the orange button to switch to Normal Mode if needed.
- Start the real-time execution using Simulation->Run.
- Observe any missed ticks on the Missed Ticks scope.
How to run this model in External Mode
- Double-click the orange button to switch to External Mode if needed.
- Start the real-time execution using Simulation->Run. The model will automatically build, connect to Simulink in External Mode and start.
- Missed ticks will be always zero.
Open the model
Close open Scopes
close_system(find_system(gcs ,'BlockType', 'Scope'));
clear close all bdclose all