Application Engineering Team Lead, Simulation (m/f/d)
This role is based in Munich, directly reporting to the manager of the engineering team in Germany. Application Engineers (AEs) are highly skilled pre-sales engineers who closely collaborate with customers and the sales department to actively drive business.
You'll work closely with the local sales and engineering team and the global technical, development and marketing teams to maximize the effectiveness of the team and evolve the way we are working with customers. The key to success in this position will be leveraging your industry experience and technical expertise to give sound recommendations on how MathWorks solutions can improve the customers’ development and business processes.
In this role you will promote the adoption of Model-Based Design in various industries and you gain a lot of insight into the trends in the industry. MathWorks solutions are relevant for many applications, including control design, multi-domain dynamic and embedded systems. The members of the team are specializing on specific topics to become trusted partners of our customers – a strong technology competence is driving MathWorks’ business success.
- Develop the team and the team members and personally contribute at the individual, functional, office and organizational levels. Personally engage in customer activities and lead from the forefront.
- Manage resource assignment to balance today’s and future business needs.
- Orchestrate and provide direction to larger customer projects.
- Be a proactive and member of the local and regional management teams. Source strong candidates, ensure efficient ramp-up and integration of new staff.
- Create a safe learning environment, which preserves a sense of urgency, intensity, and accountability while facilitating a constructive and collaborative communication culture.
- Serve as a role model for the company’s core values and for establishing credibility internally and externally.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Germany.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- People management experience.
- Control or system design experience.
- Working experience in the machinery industry – production, packaging, windturbines etc.
- Working knowledge of development processes and or Model-Based Design as a methodology.
- Customer facing work experience, working in a sales and marketing organization.
- Highly motivated towards working directly with customers, showing strong business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound presentation skills.
- Fluent German and English languages skills.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here