Facilities Manager Germany (m/f/d)
Zusammenfassung der Tätigkeit
- Stelle: 30489-MGAI
- Ort: DE-München
- Abteilung: Büro- und Verwaltungsdienste
Join our dynamic team as an Office Facilities Manager at MathWorks in Munich! We recently moved into our new high-tech office at Die Macherei, with excellent transport links and ample car parking. Numerous amenities are nearby, including a gymnasium, shops, restaurants, and bars. As we expand across our four locations in Germany, we seek a passionate individual to support our office growth and oversee day-to-day operations per MathWorks worldwide standards.
As the Office Facilities Manager, you will lead various service and maintenance activities, including vendor management, cleaning, housekeeping, event management, food services, and space management. You will report to the Regional Facilities Manager for EMEA within the Global Real Estate group and ensure that our offices provide employees with a safe, productive, and collaborative environment.
To excel in this role, you should have excellent customer service skills, a bachelor's degree and at least seven years of professional work experience. Candidates without a degree and comprehensive work experience will also be considered. Additionally, you should have knowledge of facility management systems, including space planning, help desk ticketing, building management systems, fire,and security, and have relevant health and safety certification and experience.
As a critical team member, you will have the opportunity to engage with MathWorks location leaders across Germany, support major real estate projects, and lead small regional office improvement projects. You will also be responsible for actively monitoring the help ticket system, coordinating work orders, and managing the food service program for staff and our clients.
If you are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has excellent German and English communication skills, and is committed to delivering a high-quality service, we want to hear from you. Apply today to join our innovative and collaborative team in MathWorks.
- Lead vendor management, budget, contracts, and procurement
- Actively monitor the help ticket system and coordinate work orders
- Responsibility for facilities' health and safety compliance
- physical security and fire systems management
- Manage food service program, including kitchen supplies, catering, and daily offerings
- Manage housekeeping and cleaning activities as per industry, local, and MathWorks worldwide practices
- Space management per headquarters practices and procedures for onboarding new staff, moves, and furniture inventory
- Support major real estate projects and lead small office projects
- Monitor Buidling Management System and coordinate with property management or service providers
- Engaging with MathWorks location leaders across Germany
- Willingness to be in the office five days a week
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Knowledge in Facility systems, including space management, support ticketing, building maintenance systems, fire and security
- Relevant Health and Safety certification and experience
- Experience in working in a global corporate company
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.