Symbolic Math Toolbox Summer Intern (f/m/d)
Zusammenfassung der Tätigkeit
- Stelle: 30182-MGAI
- Ort: DE-Paderborn
- Abteilung: Product Development
Summer 2023 internship: Symbolic Math developer in Germany
Duration: 3 months (begins July 2023).
As part of the Symbolic Math Toolbox team, you will develop the next generation of the symbolic engine. You will work closely with the Engineering and Quality Engineering teams while designing, implementing, and qualifying new features.
This position requires someone with solid math background, an eye for details, and passion for building math algorithms.
After training on MathWorks products and software development processes, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Study algorithms for solving for recurrence equations, e.g. see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrence_relation
- Document your research, approaches, and designs
- Implement algorithms and write unit-test primarily using MATLAB and MuPAD
- Respond to code review feedback
- Present your work to the team
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in Germany or be able to obtain work authorization with an internship offer.
- Starting last two years of bachelor or starting master studies in a Computer Science or Math degree or equivalent.
- Experience with symbolic math systems (e.g. MATLAB Symbolic Math Toolbox, Mathematica, Maple, SymPy, Sage, Julia Symbolics)
- Familiarity with MATLAB is a plus
- 3 months full-time commitment
- Business-fluent in English or German
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.