Manager Sales - Machinery & Automation Industry (m/f/d)
Zusammenfassung der Tätigkeit
Are you experienced in selling complex software solutions to named accounts? Want to lead a team of account sales individuals in a world-class team? Are you motivated in building a strategic engagement plan and driving it successfully in team-based selling effort to some of the most prestigious companies in Germany and Central Europe?
Then this is the role for you!
As Manager Sales, you will further develop our existing relationships in various levels and projects to the leading companies in the German and European Silicon and Consumer Electronics Industry. You drive the adoption of our MATLAB and Simulink based solutions in this industry.
- Use your selling experience to coach your team in order to expand the relationship of our strategic Silicon & CE accounts and grow MathWorks presence.
- Develop and execute account plans with your team based on Industry Marketing plans and projected development in the industry
- Ensure full penetration into account organizations and mapping of account engineering organizations and projects for best usage of MathWorks software.
- Develop new and nurture existing relationships with your team (engineers, managers, executives) with applying value-based selling to further increase usage of our products and services
- Have an active network to appropriate decision makers and manage evaluation processes in order to pursue business opportunities through to a successful conclusion.
- Excel leadership for team and individual contributor development, collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners. Set the direction for the sales territory and assure team alignment with our customers’ strategic initiatives, in order to meet or exceed revenue plans.
- Lead the sales planning process and prepare forecast against budgets, drive and monitor opportunities generation, development and closing. Identify improvement areas and focus the team activities accordingly.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Proven success in managing teams to success in penetration of major accounts
- 5+ years of proven sales experience and success in selling complex technology products and services; strong sales acumen
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic account plans for large and complex accounts.
- Execute account plans with leading the sales process
- Software sales experience into the Silicon & Consumer Electronics sector is preferred; Industrial Automation & Machinery sector knowledge is a plus
- Professional experience in customer-oriented positions in the CES industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
- Experience in leading diverse and distributed sales teams
- Proven track record in interdisciplinary collaboration e.g. Application Engineering, Technical Consulting, Industry Marketing, Sales
- Strong coaching and mentoring capabilities
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.