Senior Marketing Events Manager EMEA
MathWorks setzt auf ein Hybrid-Arbeitsmodell, das es den Mitarbeitern ermöglicht, ihre Zeit zwischen dem Büro im Unternehmen und dem Homeoffice aufzuteilen. Das Hybridmodell hat den Vorteil, dass sowohl die persönliche Zusammenarbeit mit Kollegen als auch die flexible Optimierung des Lebens zu Hause möglich ist. Weitere Informationen.
Zusammenfassung der Tätigkeit
Passionate about planning, designing, and executing successful, engaging, efficient customer-facing events while working co-operatively together with a range of internal teams?
Experienced in developing and delivering tactical and strategic plans to support both global and local event goals and objectives?
Want to be part of a world-class team focused on developing a best-in-class centralised customer event planning, execution, and analysis function?
Then this is the role for you!
MathWorks is seeking a proactive and highly energetic Senior Events Specialist who will play a key role in building our strategic EMEA event approach, and, within a central team, planning, defining, executing, and evaluating customer event activities across Europe.
You will leverage your experience and capabilities to support the implementation of a centralised EMEA event service team, with a focus on planning and executing world class events – from annual planning and budgeting, contract negotiation and logistics/planning, through operational oversight and on-site execution. You will be comfortable collaborating with a cross-functional team and external vendors to help deliver a polished, exciting, and continuously improving event experience for our customers.
The focus of this role will be to lead events and conferences from conception to completion, including building detailed plans, hiring /managing agencies, logistics, venue and third-party liaison, production and budget management, ensuring all projects are delivered on schedule and within budget. You will contribute to the continuous development of events by evaluating results against event goals and recommending improvements at both a strategic and operational level.
- Drive the successful implementation of a central EMEA event team that coordinates and executes MathWorks events (physical and online) across EMEA
- Lead development of the overall EMEA event strategy, objectives, and goals, conducting regular synchronization and update meetings with the team, business stakeholders, and EMEA field marketing management
- Coaching and mentoring central EMEA events team members
- Manage whole event cycle from pre-event planning through to delivery and post-event evaluation
- Identify and research opportunities to improve process, execution, and respond to industry trends
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, staffing, and budgets)
- Research venues, digital platforms, suppliers, and contractors, then negotiate and review contracts
- Liaise with internal teams on creative requirements
- Support with the development and delivery of RFIs and RFPs, including ideating solutions with internal teams, producing presentation content, and presenting ideas and concepts to stakeholders
- Identify and allocate internal (both within the event team, and across the company) and external resources
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel)
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Both a hands-on (focus on execution) and strategic thinking attitude
- Confidence in directing and advising stakeholders, peers and leadership teams on event strategy, planning, goals, and objectives
- Outstanding project and time management skills – highly organized, detail focused, deadline driven and able to handle high pressure last-minute, urgent requests
- Excellent written, verbal presentation, and interpersonal skills in English; experience of developing strong working relationships with internal collaborators and external partners
- The ability to work seamlessly within the central event team and with a global, diverse field team (excellent collaboration skills, can adjust communication style to suit various audiences)
- Analytical capacity to understand marketing and sales data in the context of the business, derive insights and counter measures.
- Excellent budget, negotiation, and proven vendor management skills
- A proactive and creative problem solver who can think and lead 'on their feet
- Proven experiences in establishing/implementing a central event service/support model would be desired
- Experience in the tech industry would be a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.