Senior Application Engineer - Embedded Systems (m/f/d)
Zusammenfassung der Tätigkeit
- Stelle: 28345-MGAI
- Ort: DE-München
- Abteilung: Technical Sales Engineering
Are you looking for a new job that requires both technical expertise in embedded systems development as well as a passion for most innovative customer projects? If you enjoy working on autonomous vehicles, life-saving ventilators or securing critical infrastructures, join MathWorks to shape the way our customers develop, verify and test embedded systems for high-tech applications across different industries.
As Senior Application Engineer – Embedded Systems you will work face-to-face with customers, understand their technical and business challenges and help them to develop and verify embedded systems using Simulink and our Model-Based Design products.
The key to your success will be based on your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
This position can be located in Stuttgart or Munich.
As a member of the application engineering team in our Sales and Services organization you are focusing on:
- Analyzing customers’ requirements, effectively communicating possible technical solutions and deploying products in customer workflows and pipelines.
- Guiding product evaluations, creating proof of concepts, and building successful technical sales strategies.
- Conducting product presentations for individual customers, at public seminars, or trade shows.
- Developing demonstration programs and application examples that illustrate how the capabilities of MathWorks software fit to our customers’ needs.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in Germany.
- Business fluent language skills in German and English.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Proficiency with Agile software development.
- Strong Model-Based Development skills (e.g. Simulink/Stateflow, UML/SysML).
- Experience in unit/integration testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD), static code analysis and agile/DevOps principles and frameworks (e.g. LeSS, SCRUM, SAFe, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with automatic code generation is a plus.
- Experience in using scripting languages such as MATLAB, python, shell or perl is a plus.
- C/C++ programming skills for microcontrollers, DSPs or similar is a plus.
- Profound knowledge in one or more areas is a plus: control design for dynamic systems, basic software (BSW) and RTOS, hardware and electronics design.
- Some knowledge in one or more of the following industry standards (e.g. AUTOSAR, MISRA-C, CERT-C, ASPICE, AUTOSAR, ISO SAE 21434, ISO 26262, DO-178C, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, IEC-62443, etc.).
- Basic experience in tools (e.g. dSpace Targetlink, Jira, Bamboo, Kubernetes, Gerrit, Git, SVN, DOORS, Jenkins, SCADE, Polyspace, QA-C, Lint, VectorCast, LDRA, etc.) is a plus.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.