C++ Software Engineer - Symbolic Math (m/f/d)
Zusammenfassung der Tätigkeit
- Stelle: 28222-MGAI
- Ort: DE-Paderborn
- Abteilung: Product Development
Join the Symbolic Math Toolbox team to develop the next generation symbolic engine used in computational mathematics. Work in an international team with passion for math and programming, and the mission to make users in research and engineering more productive.
In this team, you will design, develop, and enhance features that enables users to explore, rewrite and simplify equations, and to compute analytic as well as numeric solutions using variable precision arithmetic. You will work on the next generation of the symbolic engine that will make users in research and engineering even more productive. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Design, architecture, and development of customer-facing features (infrastructure, algorithms, and interfaces) written in C++ as well as MATLAB and MuPAD.
- Writing clean, carefully crafted, well-tested code.
- Participating in implementation strategy reviews and design reviews with colleagues.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in Germany.
- Demonstrated experience in/with C++
- Solid background in mathematics, especially in symbolic and computational math.
- Demonstrated experience with symbolic systems like Symbolic Math Toolbox, Mathematica, Maple, SymPy, or similar tools.
- Demonstrated experience in objected-oriented architecture, design, and implementation of mathematical algorithms, e.g. in C++ or MATLAB.
- Demonstrated experience in C++ and multithread programming.
- Experience with programming on various operating system platforms (Linux, Windows, MacOS).
- Experience with writing commercial (or public use) software.
- Interest and aptitude in producing high-quality commercial software.
- Ability to formulate realistic goals and meet commitments. You should have experience taking a project from concept to completion.
- The ability to work constructively in a team environment is vital.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.