Sr. Technical Consultant - Modelling and Simulation (m/f/d)
Are you a self-driver with a background in engineering or sciences passionate about impacting smaller to large scale customers? Do you enjoy tackling technical problems and interacting with people? Read on.
In this role you are the technical point of contact for a set of project-based customers.
Together with the sales team it is your responsibility to empower our customers to solve their technical and business challenges and to build long-term partnerships. You demonstrate the value of MATLAB, Simulink, Code Generation and Validation & Verification to grow tool adoption in commercial projects and leverage your insight into our sales and development organization to paint a vision of how MathWorks fosters success in different industries.
- Plan and create a vision for success . You develop and layout a plan to deliver excellent technical services. Jointly with the other members of the technical and sales team you make our customers successful by providing sustainable and proven value by applying MATLAB, Simulink, Code Generation and V&V techniques. It is up to you to craft a vision to make this happen.
- Engage with customers. You meet and work with customers to address their needs and support application and integration of our tools. You will work in a team to achieve the project goals by resolving technical challenges on your own or by drawing in and managing other experts. It is up to you to manage the project to achieve the project goals.
- Make it happen. You will conceive solutions and application architectures, develop and test software components, package and deploy coordinated applications in a wide range of industries. With your enthusiasm for learning about new technologies, you will drive our customers success.
- Foster collaboration. Resourcefulness is a must-have for this role. Through your customer engagements you establish business relationships with leading users of our products. Likewise, you advocate on behalf of customers and influence the future of MathWorks offerings.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 5+ years of industry experience in areas such as control systems, system design, system validation or related
- Strong working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink
- Knowledge of V-Model, agile development processes and DevOps/CI
- Passion for listening and working with customers, with strong background in customer facing activities
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Code Generation and/or Validation & Verification
- Being eager to deep-dive and learn Code Generation, Validation & Verification incl. Polyspace, ADAS and CI/DevOps topics
- Know-how and interest to learn certification workflows and standards (AUTOSAR, Automotive SPICE, DO-178/331 or similar)
- Excellent German and English language skills are required (written and verbal)
- Flexibility to travel up to 40%
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.