Senior Application Engineer Electric Power Systems (m/f/d)
Join a dynamic team that combines a passion for MATLAB and Simulink with engineering, control design and system modeling. Work face-to-face with customers in energy production, utilities industries and renewable energies to understand their technical and business challenges, and enable them to create solutions with MathWorks products.
As a Modeling and Controls Application Engineer you will play an integral part in understanding customer needs, providing feedback to product development and marketing organizations to further improve MathWorks’ products and the way they are presented. The key to your success will be based on your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
- Supporting the local sales team by analyzing customers’ requirements, guiding product evaluations, creating proof of concepts, and building successful technical sales strategies
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Maintain high customer happiness through proactive communication and ownership of issues
- Conducting product presentations for individual customers, at public seminars or via our web sites
- Developing demonstration programs and application examples that illustrate how the capabilities of MathWorks software fit to our customers’ needs
- Identifying new business and application areas by conducting market and account research and build compelling messaging to attract new customers
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Fluent German and English skills are required
- Excellent presentation, communication and time management skills
- Experience in power control, motor control in energy production and renewable energies
- Good knowledge of MATLAB / Simulink and other engineering tools such as PSCAD, PLECS, PSSE, SolidWorks, OpalRT, TyphoonHIL
- Experience in designing and modeling systems for power generation and distribution
- Experience developing and verifying physical models for the purpose of control design, component sizing, and system performance evaluation
- Familiarity/Interest in Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies, including applications such as load/generation forecasting and predictive maintenance
- High motivation to work directly with customers
- Working experience in a pre-sales environment is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.