Sr Application Engineer - Embedded SW Verification (f/m/d)
Are you looking for a new job that requires both technical expertise in embedded software development as well as a passion for most innovative customer projects? Join MathWorks to shape the way our customers develop, verify and test embedded systems for high-tech applications across different industries.
As Application Engineer – Embedded Software you will work face-to-face with customers, understand their technical and business challenges, and enable them to create effective solutions with MathWorks products.
The key to your success will be based on your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
Supporting the local sales team by analyzing customers’ requirements, and effectively communicating possible technical solutions.
Guiding product evaluations, creating proof of concepts, and building successful technical sales strategies. Conducting product presentations for individual customers, at public seminars or trade shows.
Developing demonstration programs and application examples that illustrate how the capabilities of MathWorks software fit to our customers’ needs. Identifying new business areas by conducting market and account research.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with embedded systems development, verification and test.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills for microcontrollers, DSPs or similar.
- Experience with automatic code generation, SW unit/integration testing and static code analysis is a plus.
- Profound knowledge in one or more areas is a plus: control design for dynamic systems, basic software (BSW) and RTOS, hardware and electronics design.
- Basic knowledge in industry standards (e.g. MISRA-C, CERT-C, AUTOSAR, ISO SAE 21434, ISO 26262, DO-178C, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, etc.) and engineering models (e.g. V-Model, SCRUM, TDD, ASPICE, CMMI, etc.) is a plus.
- Basic experience in tools (e.g. Jira, Bamboo, Kubernetes, Gerrit, Git, SVN, DOORS, Jenkins, SCADE, Polyspace, QA-C, Lint, VectorCast, LDRA, etc.) is a plus.
- Business fluent language skills in German and English, French optional.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.