Automotive Application Engineer - Data Science (f/m/d)
Join a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists. Make our Automotive customers successful in implementing data science strategies and numerical algorithms based on MathWorks products. Enjoy an inspiring work environment based on growth, challenge and fun.
Your clients develop data science applications in areas such as fleet data analysis, automated driving, vehicle dynamics and electrification and thereby shape the digital transformation of the Automotive industry. In collaboration with other technical teams and sales, you will help them accelerate their pace of development, guide them towards efficiently using the MATLAB product family, and show how to integrate with IT landscapes and embedded systems.
The key to your success is your ability to build trusted relationships with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
- Partnering with the local sales team by analyzing customers’ requirements, guiding product evaluations, creating proof of concepts and building successful technical sales strategies
- Creating and delivering product presentations for customer meetings, conference calls, conference papers, seminars and webinars
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and simulation models
- Providing customer feedback to MathWorks' software development team to influence the next generation of tools
- Identifying new business areas by conducting market and account research
- Networking and collaborating with the world-wide MathWorks Automotive community
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in Germany.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- University degree in a STEM discipline
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- High motivation for working directly with customers
- Professional experience in the Automotive industry
- Experience with Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Optimization, Computer Vision or Signal Processing
- Experience with numerical software; applied knowledge of MATLAB is a plus
- Working experience in a pre-sales environment is a plus
- Fluency in German and English
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here