Technical Account Manager
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM) at the MathWorks you will you play a key role in managing the technical relationship with key Aerospace customers.
You will leverage your industry experience and technical expertise in aerospace systems, control system design, modeling and simulation, or embedded software development to understand customer workflows, challenges, and key business initiatives.
With that knowledge, you will paint a vision of how MathWorks products can accelerate the pace of their development and innovation. You will also establish yourself as a trusted advisor to strategic MathWorks customers and provide technical leadership by providing guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
You will partner with engineers and managers as a trusted technical advisor and help them advance their ability to make data driven business decisions and improve their product development processes.
You will help shape the way the company develops their products and process through the use of the MathWorks’ product families: MATLAB, Simulink and PolySpace.
This position is based in our office in Natick, MA.
Travel will be 30-40% and is generally within North America
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood.
- Collaborate with sales account managers, other technical specialists, and marketing stakeholders at MathWorks in creating and executing an overall account development plan.
- Engage with prospective customers (from engineers to executives) to understand their business-critical projects and their unique workflows
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other technical specialists to address customer needs in specialized application areas
- Identify new application areas and working with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations for future product direction
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Programming experience with MATLAB
- Programming experience with Simulink
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Product development
- Autonomous systems, UAV, robotics
- Aerospace development processes
- Formal verification and validation
- Model-Based Design methodology
- Software development lifecycle
- Autogenerated code methodology
- Agile and v-Model development processes
- Strong desire to work directly with customers
- Strong business acumen
- Experience with analog/mixed-signal or wireless development processes
- Experience with image processing and development of computer vision systems
- Experience with control system design
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal development processes
- Technical sales experience
- Passion for learning
- Passion for listening to customers
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here