Technical Account Manager
MathWorks is seeking a technical liason to coordinate support of our user communities at national laboratories. As a Technical Account Manager, you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to these strategic MathWorks customers. You will utilize your technical expertise and industry knowledge to understand challenges faced by key laboratory programs. By gaining a deep understanding of the customer's workflows and business initiatives, you will work with the customer to identify areas of impact for MathWorks solutions and facilitate successful implementation of these solutions. For programs currently invested in MathWorks software, you will provide guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business critical customer projects
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users
- Deliver seminars and webinars that build awareness of the capabilities and value of MathWorks products and services
- Scope technical projects and coordinate resources to execute the project
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood for future product direction
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Familiar with MATLAB
- US citizenship due to the nature of customers supported
- Degree(s) in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Willingness to spend 20-30% of time on overnight domestic travel with trips generally no longer than four days
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and have affinity for business development
- Self-motivated, autonomous, and comfortable working from a home office
- Experience working in or with national laboratories and the federal government
- Experience interfacing with customers or counterparts outside your organization
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations
- Experience developing models and simulations
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here