Application Engineer - Modeling and Controls (m/f/d)
Join a dynamic team that combines a passion for MATLAB and Simulink with engineering, control design and system modeling. Work face-to-face with customers, understand their technical and business challenges, and enable them to create solutions with MathWorks products.
As a Modeling and Controls Application Engineer you will play an integral part in understanding customer needs, providing feedback to product development and marketing organizations to further improve MathWorks’ products and the way they are presented. The key to your success will be based on your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
- Supporting the local sales team by analyzing customers’ requirements, guiding product evaluations, creating proof of concepts, and building successful technical sales strategies
- Conducting product presentations for individual customers, at public seminars or via our web sites
- Developing demonstration programs and application examples that illustrate how the capabilities of MathWorks software fit to our customers’ needs
- Identifying new business areas by conducting market and account research
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Germany.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Fluent German and English skills are required
- Excellent presentation, communication and time management skills
- Good knowledge of MATLAB / Simulink
- Familiarity with common model-based design workflows within the Aerospace, Automotive or Machinery Industry
- Working experience in Control Design or Multi-Domain Modeling tools is a plus
- High motivation to work directly with customers
- Working experience in a pre-sales environment is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here