Application Engineer - Embedded Software (f/m/d)
Are you looking for a new job that requires both technical expertise in embedded software development as well as a passion for most innovative customer projects?
Join MathWorks to shape the way our customers develop, verify and test embedded systems for high-tech applications across different industries.
As Pre-Sales Application Engineer – Embedded Software you will work face-to-face with customers, understand their technical and business challenges, and enable them to create effective solutions with MathWorks products.
The key to your success will be based on your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
This position can be located in Stuttgart or Munich.
- Supporting the local sales team by analyzing customers’ requirements, and effectively communicating possible technical solutions
- Guiding product evaluations, creating proof of concepts, and building successful technical sales strategies
- Conducting product presentations for individual customers, at public seminars or trade shows
- Developing demonstration programs and application examples that illustrate how the capabilities of MathWorks software fit to our customers’ needs
- Identifying new business areas by conducting market and account research
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Germany.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience with embedded systems development, verification and test
- Strong Simulink and C/C++ programming skills for microcontrollers, DSPs or similar
- Experience with automatic code generation, testing and static code analysis is a plus
- Profound knowledge in one or more areas is a plus: control design for dynamic systems, basic software (BSW) and RTOS, hardware and electronics design
- Basic knowledge in industry standards (e.g. MISRA-C, AUTOSAR, ISO 26262, DO-178C, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, etc.) is a plus
- Basic knowledge in engineering models (e.g. V-Model, SCRUM, TDD, ASPICE, CMMI, etc.) is a plus
- Basic knowledge in tools (e.g. Jira, Git, SVN, DOORS, Jenkins, SCADE, Polyspace, QA-C, etc.) is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here