Senior Application Engineer Automotive (m/f)
Working closely with Simulink users and MathWorks product development teams, you will play a crucial part in helping automotive customers optimize their development process, specifically in the area of test and verification. New trends like Automated Driving und E-Mobility are creating new challenges also specifically in terms of verification.
As an Application Engineer you will play an integral part in understanding customer needs, providing feedback to product development and marketing organizations to further improve MathWorks’ products and the way they are presented. The key to your success will be based on your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
- Introduce MathWorks products for improving the development process of automotive customers, specifically focusing on test and verification.
- Identify new business opportunities through market research and exploratory visits.
- Analyze customer requirements and guide product evaluations to enable adoption of MathWorks tools.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to improve MathWorks products for test und verification.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Germany.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Fluent German and English skills are required
- Working knowledge of MATLAB / Simulink
- 3 years of working experience in a Automotive development organization
- Excellent presentation, communication and time management skills
- Experience with test and verification processes/methods/tools
- Experience in developing safety critical applications e.g. following ISO 26262 or ASPICE is a plus
- Knowledge in formal verification is a plus
- Experience interfacing with OEM or suppliers is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here