Senior Technical Consultant - ADAS/AD
The growth of Model-Based Design and automatic code generation has created demand for support of complex ADAS/Autonomous Driving (AD) production deployments of Image Processing, Computer Vision, Data Analytics and Machine Learning as well as MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder and HDL Coder. This position requires a combination of skills involving application engineering, software development and industry domain expertise. The candidate will work hands-on with our customers to ensure their success in the above ADAS/AD areas of control design, code generation, and verification and validation of embedded software. This position requires a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' development processes and engineering challenges
- Designing, explaining and implementing solutions to meet customers' requirements
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers
Generate excitement, confidence and passion for usage of Model-Based Design for ADAS/AD software design, development, and deployment. Serve as primary advisor to select customers to provide technical assistance from short questions and answers, to detailed deployment plans. Partner closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast paced and continually evolving strategy for successful adoption of tools for deployments. This position is located in Novi, MI and travel can be expected up to 20%, generally throughout North America.
- Consulting project management - maintaining task lists, budget tracking, customer interaction, resource estimating, and job size estimating
- Consulting project execution - Utilize MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, code generation, and V&V techniques to assist customers in ADAS/AD application area.
- Consulting sales - interact with sales staff and customers to sell our services and manage customer expectations
- Consulting field data - giving feedback to product development and interact directly with product development staff to resolve tough customer issues and identify new product features.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- MS or Ph.D in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2-3+ years of industry experience in the design, development, and deployment of ADAS/AD systems
- Experience with C/C++ and MATLAB language
- Experience working with LiDAR, Camera, and/or Radar sensor data is a plus
- Experience with multi-sensor data fusion is a plus
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Development experience in Unreal Engine
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here