Software Engineer in Test - Symbolic Math (m/f/d)
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for developing test suites and conducting hands-on testing of the Symbolic Math ToolboxTM. As a member of the Symbolic Math development team and the quality engineering team collaborate in software feature development objectives from very early in the design stage, and Quality Engineers play a critical role in seeing the designs through to final product release. You must have a strong background in mathematics and symbolic computing to verify correct computer algebra results.
Symbolic Math Toolbox https://www.mathworks.com/products/symbolic.html
- Providing technical and testing-related feedback about plans for product and tool development
- Writing test strategies and procedures for new features
- Implementing automated test suites to qualify functionality
- Detecting, reporting, investigating, triaging, and tracking detected bugs using our bug tracking system
- Working closely with our cross-functional Symbolic Math Toolbox Team
- Executing interactive testing plans
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Germany.
- MS or PhD in Mathematics preferred
- Solid background in mathematics, especially computer algebra, symbolic math, and computational mathematics
- Demonstrated experience with symbolic math systems (e.g. MATLAB Symbolic Math Toolbox, Mathematica, Maple, SymPy, Sage)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Great teamwork skills
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming is highly desireable
- 1-2 years’ experience with quality engineering and the software development lifecycle is a plus
- Experience with MATLAB is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here